Released Sep 2017 4.4★
MANIFEST 99 is an ominous and eerie story about finding redemption in the afterlife. Set on a mysterious train inhabited by a murder of crows, you assist four travel companions on a journey to their final destination. This virtual reality experience is played without a controller: you gaze into the eyes of crows to move to their perch, viewing the world from their scale and perspective. Look into the eyes of your travel companions and uncover the reason why they – and you – are on this train traveling into the great beyond.
– A rich world rendered in a striking, painterly visual style
– No controller required, best experienced sitting or standing
– Move around by gazing into the eyes of crows
– Discover items to learn more about your travel companions
(also playable on Oculus Rift)
Nov 24, 2018
What a creative beautiful way to tell a story, the connection. Ahh so delightful.
Mar 07, 2018
It’s difficult to really go into too many details about the plot itself without spoiling a story as poignant and touching as what is to be experienced in Manifest 99, but players will want to break this one out for new VR users and consider it a go-to in the roster of content that showcases the power of storytelling in an all-new medium. With characters that come alive with emotion as they make their pilgrimage into the great beyond, you may be surprised to find yourself tearing up without a single word spoken.
With so much humanity on display without a single human portrayed in the story itself, you’ll want to book a ticket on this train more than once just to appreciate the love and attention to detail that went into creating such a haunting and uniquely universal tale that could only have been told in the VR medium.
Nov 05, 2019
Beautiful, melancholic, and it evokes very strong feelings. fantastic sound design and art direction, and it doesn’t overstay its welcome. Well worth a download.
Aug 09, 2019
Beautiful little game about loss. Has some cool mystery to it too
Apr 09, 2019
An eye catcher! Loved the flow and the look – and the looks… Big spirit is watching you
Nov 23, 2018
It’s a different experience and story telling. It’s a bit slow to my taste
Dec 31, 2017
Loved it, & nice music. Thanks for making it seated as was very comfortable enjoying the journey
Apr 14, 2019
Un petit film avec des graphismes basiques et une histoire de vie après la mort qui m’a personnellement peu touché. Sans plus.
Apr 22, 2019
A nice VR movie that just falls a bit short of the mark. I was expecting an experience that uses VR to really explore the concept of life of death, but sadly it is just a rather average story that in my opinion barely touches on what could be a really interesting concept to explore.
– Beautiful art style
– A refershingly new attempt at a locomotion system
– There just is not enough content here to justify the €5 asking price, or to actually expand upon what could be an interesting concept
– Lack of character development. The animation on the characters you encounter is beautiful, but there is only about a minute given to show us anything about these characters.
– Poor scene load management. At various times, when a new scene loads, you are temporarily brought back to the “Vive load room”.
Personally I would not recommend this. A semi-decent attempt.