Released Sep 2016
Umihara Kawase is the name of our backpacking, Japanese, sushi chef heroine armed with a fishing rod, elastic fishing line, and a fishing hook. Face fish-like enemies, conveyor belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel and more. Collect items, and find your way to the end of each level. The deeper into this dream-like world that you venture, the more challenging the solutions and the greater the time pressure becomes. Along the way, look out for shortcuts and secret exits, and unlock bonus levels.
The elasticity of Umihara’s fishing line sets the Umihara Kawase Trilogy apart from other games, giving unprecedented levels of mobility and discovery. Tightening the line or giving lots of slack can be the difference between success or failure. The elastic nature of the fishing line allows the player to stretch down to otherwise unreachable areas or be catapulted upwards.
– Physics-based puzzle/platforming that challenges your reflexes and brainpower
– Extreme elastic fishing-line physics give you advanced control
– Many stages with branching paths across three complete games
– Four playable characters (in Sayonara Umihara Kawase)
– Face giant, aquatic bosses like a tadpole, a seahorse, and more