Released Sep 2016 3.5★
Step into your very own Virtual Reality Planetarium! Star Chart lets you explore the solar system and night sky in a beautiful and accurate real-time simulation.
We’re proud to bring to you the hugely successful astronomy & star gazing app – Star Chart – downloaded by over 20 million people world-wide.
Delight in exploring the solar system, from the Sun to the smallest moons of Saturn and out to the coldest, darkest, farthest reaches of Pluto. Gaze down and marvel at our solar system from above. Look up in wonder at the rings of Saturn. Feel the awe of floating in space around worlds no human has yet set foot on. Understand how the constellations of our night sky are made up of stars distant to each other in both space and time. Embrace the impossible distances of our solar system and the inordinate scale of our universe.
Star Chart currently includes:
– Explore Mode: A 3D solar system to explore, including the Sun, the planets, major moons and more
– Sky View: An accurate real-time simulation of the night sky as you see them from your own GPS coordinates.
– NEW! Moments In Time: Set foot on the surfaces of the moon and Mars, in our new Moments in Time experience. We’ve recreated some of the most memorable moments in the history of human space exploration, from the Apollo 11 Moon Landing to the Mars Science Laboratory’s Curiosity Rovers exploration of Mars.
– NEW! Meteor Showers: The location of active Meteor Shower Radiances are now shown in our new Sky View mode.
– NEW! Messier Objects: nebula can now be found and selected and held in your hand.
– All 88 constellations based on the beautiful artwork of 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
– IAU Named rocky planet surface details.
What better way to learn about the night sky and astronomy than to immerse yourself as a virtual astronaut travelling through space. This experience is the perfect way for both the young and old to let their inner child experience the thrills of embracing the final frontier.
– Written from the ground up for Virtual Reality, this version of Star Chart is in many ways a superior product to that on iOS / Android / Windows 8 and more. We will continue to develop and enhance Star Chart over time, and we hope that Star Chart will reach and exceed parity with our other versions. But please note that there are no promises as to which features we will include nor when.
Feel free to provide us with your thoughts, feedback and feature requests. And for help using Star Chart in VR please see the Virtual Reality section of our Star Chart User Guide: www.escapistgames.com/starchart/instruction_manual.html
(also playable on Oculus Rift)
Aug 24, 2019
It is not like bad. It worked. But in my opinion there is way more narrative experiences in Viveport Infinity. I was expecting something different.
Jan 06, 2017
When I open this from Viveport in VR it opens on the desktop as if it was the desktop version but the headset just shows the blank Vive room. Any ideas? I’m really looking forward to exploring….
(I’m certain it will be worth a 4 or 5 star rating if I can get it to work with the Vive)